These ventilated wagons were the mainstay of fruit traffic on the Avontuur line for over 50 years, but also found use in general traffic. During the fruit season they were often seen running in substantial block consists behind double headed ‘NG15s’, and frequently sheeted over with tarpaulins.
In the late 1970s, many were rebuilt as ‘NG 03s’ with raised rooves and full insulation to accommodate pre-cooled fruit in international standard pallets. Whilst prototypical for SAR, they would also suit most 16mm scale lines looking for a medium to large size covered van.
- 16mm Scale Laser Cut Kit available in MDF or Plywood
- Proven, hidden slot and tabs construction for easy and accurate assembly
- Dummy Brake Detail
- Copper wire is supplied to make the handrails and handles
- Includes 'SARCAST Bogies’, complete with steel wheelsets in either 32 or 45mm to suit your preference as well as suitable bearings.
- Does not include couplings, vacuum pipes or lettering
Length: 400mm (Over Headstock)
Width: 90mm (Over Hinge Detail)
Most of the vehicles represented in the range were built in significant quantities. As such no lettering or numbering is provided as it would be impractical to include so many numbering options. However, ‘Endon Valley Decals’ produce appropriate decals and these can be customised to suit your requirements.
*I am not responsible for the content of 3rd Party Websites.
MDF £70.00 each Plus P&P
Plywood: £75.00 each Plus P&P
If you would like to place an order, please see the information on our ‘Ordering Page’