These magnificent vehicles were originally constructed for the project to upgrade the Avontuur Branch and were considered a ‘miniaturised’ version of their 3ft 6in gauge equivalent. Two batches were built by Hudson (SA), the first in 1968 and the second in 1976, and featured variable side discharge doors and were braked on both bogies. Whilst they were often seen in large block trains behind double headed ‘NG15s’, they were marshalled into smaller rakes as required, sometimes being cut into other regular services for operational convenience. Many of these eminently useful vehicles have survived, with some having made their way to the UK, being found on the Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland, Lynton and Barnstable and Vale of Rheidol Railways.
This 16mm scale kit is highly detailed and features Resurgam proven ‘hidden slot and tab’ construction. This is complimented by a number of 3D printed parts, for the internal hopper bays and the various vacuum brake components, making for simple and easy construction; the vacuum pipe stands are also included in this kit. Whilst ideal for those modelling SAR or one of the preserved lines mentioned, they would look at home on all but the very smallest of freelance operations.
- 16mm Scale Laser Cut Kit available in MDF or Plywood
- Proven, hidden slot and tabs construction for easy and accurate assembly
- Dummy Brake Detail
- 3D printed components provided for the most complex components
- Copper wire is supplied to make the handrails, handles and steps
- Includes 'SARCAST Bogies’, complete with steel wheelsets in either 32 or 45mm to suit your preference as well as suitable bearings.
- Modified Brandbright Whitemetal Vacuum Pipe included
- Does not include couplings, or lettering
Length: 600mm (Over Headstock)
Width: 94mm (Over Steps) 105mm (Body)
Most of the vehicles represented in the range were built in significant quantities. As such no lettering or numbering is provided as it would be impractical to include so many numbering options.
However, ‘Endon Valley Decals’ produce appropriate decals and these can be customised to suit your requirements.
*I am not responsible for the content of 3rd Party Websites.
MDF £100.00 each Plus P&P
Plywood: £110.00 each Plus P&P
If you would like to place an order, please see the information on our ‘Ordering Page’