Several types of steel bodied ‘Bogie Brake Vans’ were built by ‘Hudson Raletrux’ for use in various British Military establishments during the late 1980s. This particular example is based on a 2ft 6in gauge design, used by the Royal Naval Armaments Depots, with examples known to have been allocated to both Dean Hill and Broughton Moor.
Once the depots closed in the 1990s, many of these vehicles eventually found their way into preservation. I am aware of at least two still on their original 2ft 6in gauge, one at the Great Whipsnade Railway and the other at the Almond Valley Light Railway in Livingstone. Other examples were subsequently regauged and found gainful employment at the Corris Railway and the Lynton and Barnstaple Railways. It should be noted that all of the railways mentioned have turned them out in their own local liveries, as opposed to retaining the all-over yellow scheme with wasp-stripes as favoured by the RNAD.
- Laser cut kit in MDF or Plywood
- Proven ‘Hidden Slot and Tab’ construction for easy, accurate construction.
- Highly detailed, with fully fitted interior detail
- Complete with Binnie Engineering Wheels and Axles as well as HGLW Oil Filled Bronze Bearings and correct pattern SLR Models 3D Printed ‘Bell-Mouth’ Couplings
- Can be built to 32 or 45mm gauge as standard
These vehicles carried their markings in several different styles and as such lettering is not provided in the kit. However, ‘Endon Valley Decals’ produce an appropriate decal pack which can be purchased directly from them.
MDF: £60.00+ Postage
Plywood: £65.00 each + Postage
If you would like to place an order, please see the information on our ‘Ordering Page’.