This was one of the archetypal SAR vehicles used on a number of the 2ft Gauge Lines; as such this Brake Van would be an ideal accompaniment to any of our waggon kits. However, photographic evidence also shows them in mixed trains.
An example has also found its way to the re-built Welsh Highland Railway, where it has been restored and is now in routine departmental use. It has received some minor modifications, including the loss of the Guard's Periscopes, and the addition of extra top-lights. Both variants are available, with or without the top half door. Please state when ordering.
Due to the very dark interior, no internal detailing is supplied as it can't be seen. However, the roof is designed to be removable should anyone wish to add this themselves.
Although prototypical for SAR, this bogie vehicle would fit right in on all but the very smallest 16mm scale railways; and its loading gauge would complement many of the medium and larger sized generic live-steam locomotives currently on the market.
- 16mm Scale Laser Cut Kit available in MDF or Plywood
- SAR and WHR ‘Preserved’ versions available
- Proven, hidden slot and tabs construction for easy and accurate assembly
- Dummy Brake Detail
- Individual glazing panels, complete with droplights modelled in full relief
- Copper wire is supplied to make the handrails and door handles and steps
- Includes 'SARCAST Bogies’, complete with steel wheelsets in either 32 or 45mm to suit your preference as well as suitable bearings.
- Does not include couplings, vacuum pipes or lettering
Length: 400mm (Over Headstock)
Width: 120xmm (Over Steps) 105mm (Body)
Most of the vehicles represented in the range were built in significant quantities. As such no lettering or numbering is provided as it would be impractical to include so many numbering options. However, ‘Endon Valley Decals’ produce appropriate decals and these can be customised to suit your requirements.
*I am not responsible for the content of 3rd Party Websites.
MDF £75.00 each Plus P&P
Plywood: £80.00 each Plus P&P
If you would like to place an order, please see the information on our ‘Ordering Page’