These were the last batch of 2ft gauge carriages built for the Cape Government Railway and later passed to South African Railways. They were used on the Avontuur Branch, as well as the Hopefield Line. However, all went on to end their days of the Avontuur where most lost their passenger accommodation and were reclassified K-2. One example survives as a part of the Apple Express fleet.
Although prototypical for SAR, this comparatively short bogie vehicle would look at home on most 16mm railways and its loading gauge would complement many of the medium and larger sized generic live-steam locomotives currently on the market.
- 16mm Scale Laser Cut Kit available in MDF or Plywood
- Proven, hidden slot and tabs construction for easy and accurate assembly
- Fully fitted interior; the body shell is removable from the chassis to facilitate access
- Individual glazing panels, complete with droplights modelled in full relief
- Coloured copper wire is supplied to make the handrails and door handles
- Includes 'SAR style' Plate Frame Bogies', complete with steel wheelsets in either 32 or 45mm to suit your preference as well as suitable bearings.
- Does not include couplings, vacuum pipes or lettering.
L:394mm (Over Headstock)
W: 126mm (Over footboards) 96mm (body)
H: 150mm above railhead
Most of the vehicles represented in the range were built in significant quantities. As such no lettering or numbering is provided as it would be impractical to include so many numbering options.
However, ‘Endon Valley Decals’ produce appropriate decals and these can be customised to suit your requirements.
*I am not responsible for the content of 3rd Party Websites.
MDF: £90.00 each plus P&P
PLY: £100.00 each plus P&P
If you would like to place an order, please see the information on our ‘Ordering Page’.