One of several 2ft gauge carriage types built originally for the Cape Government Railway and later passed to South African Railways and used on the Avontuur Branch, running from Port Elizabeth to Avontuur. None survive in this original condition, having been later converted to corridor carriages and had their bodywork extended to permit inclusion of a W/C compartment for use on longer distance services.
Although prototypical for SAR, this vehicle would look at home on most 16mm railways and its loading gauge would complement many of the medium and larger sized generic live-steam locomotives currently on the market.
- 16mm Scale Laser Cut Kit available in MDF or Plywood
- Proven, hidden slot and tabs construction for easy and accurate assembly
- Fully fitted interior; the body shell is removable from the chassis to facilitate access
- Individual glazing panels, complete with droplights modelled in full relief
- Coloured copper wire is supplied to make the handrails and door handles
- Includes 'SAR style' Plate Frame Bogies', complete with steel wheelsets in either 32 or 45mm to suit your preference as well as suitable bearings.
- Does not include couplings, vacuum pipes or lettering.
Length: 394mm (Over Headstock)
Width: 126mm (Over footboards) 96mm (body)
Height: 150mm above railhead
Most of the vehicles represented in the range were built in significant quantities. As such no lettering or numbering is provided as it would be impractical to include so many numbering options.
However, ‘Endon Valley Decals’ produce appropriate decals and these can be customised to suit your requirements.
*I am not responsible for the content of 3rd Party Websites.
MDF: £90.00 each plus P&P
PLY: £100.00 each plus P&P
If you would like to place an order, please see the information on our ‘Ordering Page’.